Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 152: 2000!

Day 152 Miles: 16.7 Trip: 2014.4 Started: Stratton, ME  Destination:  2014.4

Today marks a huge milestone, 2000 miles done!  I have seen the 2000 painted in the middle of a road crossing but I have not seen this yet.  I did get a picture of the 2000 mile mark (close to the real spot) up on top of Bigelow Mt. I can now say I am a '2000 miler'.  This had more meaning when the trail was just 2054 miles.  Now that it is 2187 I cant claim my title just yet.   Just crossing the Bigelow preserve is a huge milestone in itself as it marks the last major range we need to cross on the trail.  There are are a few minor mountains to go but this is the last 4000 foot peak we will see until Katahdin.

We did a slack pack out of town today.  B-Rocket, a former hiker we hiked with in VA and PA lives in ME and completed her hike about a week ago.   She has been in contact with Chin-Music and agreed to come down and shuttle us tonight and tomorrow morning.  This will make it possible to spend two nights in Stratton and then we only need to take two days to get to Caratunk instead of three.  The trail really flattens out from here north and I look forward to dong larger miles again.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The views are spectacular. I hope u r taking the time to enjoy the beauty. When will il you be at the Zkatagin? Ca me when u can. where r u now??