Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 146

Day: 146 Miles: 13 Trip: 1952.3 Started: South Arm Rd.  Destination: ME17

On top of Old Blue
Well, we decided to slack pack one more day.  I'm glad we did.  With the trail being as hard on my feet as it is, this was a smart option.  I do not want to take any more zeros than I have to and slack packing helps with that.  Today the trail bit back!  Up to this point we have had increasingly better trail.  Today was a little different.  Even though there were not that my climbs, the constant up and downs were back and going was a little slow.  Nobody said Maine would be easy!  We ended up at ME17 right next to lake Mooselookmeguntick.  I'm told by our host at the cabin that it was named by a local Indian showing a settler how to hunt.  'Moose, look, me gun tick (bang)'. 
The overlook where the trail comes out on ME17 was a great view.
 

View from Bemis Mt.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures look great. When will u b home?

Scott Naef said...

Looks like it will be around the 12th or the 13th. Depending on the weather on Katahdin.