Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 148: Rangely

Day: 148 Miles: 13.2 Trip: 1965.5 Started: ME17  Destination: ME4, Rangely ME


Today was the easiest day yet in Maine.  The trail up from ME17 was a little steep but that would be as hard as the day was going to be. It threatened to rain all day but only managed to stay gray and windy.  As I approached Sabath Day Pond I head the sound of waves breaking.  Its a sound I have not heard in so long that I mistook it for wind.  I miss the sound of the ocean and the waves breaking on the small beach made me think of home.

Rangeley is the last town near the trail that has a full grocery store so stopping here makes sense to some degree and if I did not need to resupply I don't think I would have stopped so soon.  There are not that many reasonable places to stay in town but Mike and Shirley Schrader offer space in their back yard for tenting.  It was a nice clear night and I was able to stretch and extension cord over to my tent to charge my phone.   Tomorrow morning we will resupply and head on towards Stratton, the next place to resupply.  I have only been carrying about three days of food at a time and I hope to continue this all the way to Katahdin.

Just when I need it...
Poof a privy appears right ON the trail.  It even
 has its own blaze.

No comments: