Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 145

Day: 145 Miles: 10.1 Trip: 1939.1 Started: East B Hill Rd.  Destination: South Arm Rd

Surplus Pond
Another day of slack packing out of The Cabin. 
An ominous warning at
the start of the day
I can't say enough about 'Honey' and 'Bear'.  They are a great couple that have been helping hikers on the AT fro almost 20 years.  Today's hike was another surprise as far as terrain goes.  Even though we have had at least two to three 2000 foot climbs a day for the past few days, the trail seems easier and easier to get down.  Perhaps the steep loose rock sections of the Whites have me feeling that everything else is a little easier.  Even though there are sections that are just as steep, there are better and better footings available as I move north.  The better footing makes for faster travel and it's not nearly as frustrating as it has been in the past week.  I can attribute some of my current energy to being close to finishing but most of it is probably from having good meals and a place to sleep for the past two nights.  It will be hard leaving The Cabin.  I think we can swing one more slack pack and then it will be on to Rangeley.

No comments: