Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 144

Day: 144 Miles: 10.6 Trip: 1929.0 Started: Grafton Notch  Destination: East B Hill Rd, ME

View from Table Rock
We are going to slack pack the next two stretches from The Cabin.  We had a great all you can eat breakfast for only $5 and set out for the trail. Right at the start of the day I came to a sign promising a 'extraordinary view'.  Normally I would not have even considered a 1 mile diversion just for a view, but I was slacking and looked back with a little regret at other views I have skipped.  The view was just fair but I am glad I did it.   In general the trail today was the best trail I have had since Vermont.  Sawyer notch was the only strenuous section of trail today.  It would be great if rest of Maine was like this section, but that would be delusional at best.  Even so, it was nice even for a little while. The climb up to Bald Pate was a huge smooth rock climb and was one of my most fun climbs so far.  There were some great long stretches without difficult obstacles and it was really nice to get a nice stride going.



No comments: