Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 44

Day: 44 Miles: 14.4 Trip: 419.2 Started: 404.8 Destination: Hampton TN

Had a nice sunny day coming in to Hampton.  I was not going to stop here, but I needed to re-supply and it was getting a little late in the day to push on.  The big highlight of the day was definitely Laural Falls.  The trail coming down to the falls was a little cavernous and made for a nice change from what I have been seeing for the past few days.  The trail does a steep decent down to the falls and then seems to disappear into the stream.  A small ledge right at the waters edge takes you around a rock outcropping to the rest of the trail.  It reminded me of a secret mountain pass on a small scale. In Hampton I came across one of the more peculiar combinations of business I have seen.  I had read in a shelter journal the night before that I must try burger was to be found at the Compucraft laundromat.  Kind of a strange place to find a burger!  It turns out you can do several things at this establishment.  Here you can find computer parts and repair, a laundry, a small cafe, used bicycles, a pool hall, internet cafe and they will soon also be offering hot showers.   I was able to update the blog, do my laundry and get something to eat all at the same place for about $10.  In a way its sort of a hiker paradise.



No comments: