Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 41

Day: 41 Miles: 13.7 Trip: 375.8 Started: 363.4 Destination: Roan High Mt. Shelter

My second day out from recovering from the AT Plague and I am finally starting to feel better.  Unfortunately the weather is not so great.  It started out very cloudy and heavy rain clouds started to roll in.  I wanted to push a little more down the trail but my right knee was starting to get a sharp pain from time to time.   This is the first real 'pain' I have had and I did not want to push my luck.  I decided to stop a little early and stayed at Roan High Mt. Shelter.  This shelter has the distinction of being the highest shelter on the AT.
Other than that it was nothing all that special.   The night was very very windy and I was glad to be inside.  Coming off of Roan Mt. I crossed many high balds and was disappointed I did not have better weather for the views.  On the way in I met up with M-80, Trooper and their dog Willow.  I have seen them before but this was the first time I got to talk with them.


No comments: