Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 43: Rain...and more rain...

Day: 43 Miles: 13.2 Trip: 404.8 Started: Elk Park Destination: 404.8

Well, not much to say about today except Rain!  It was just a light drizzle early on and I had hopes that we might avoid the deluge that was scheduled for the late afternoon but that was not to be.  By 2pm it was a full on down poor with lightning and thunder.  Dreading the thought of setting up my tent in these conditions I stopped a bit early at the Vango/Abby Memorial Hostel.  I was very glad to be out of the rain.  It seems like most hikers stayed where they were that day to avoid the rain.  Vango's is a nice place with a two story bunk house.  M-80 and Trooper came in also and took the upstairs room.  I ended up having the entire lower bunk house to myself and had the best nights sleep I have had in a long time.  I wish I had pushed more miles  but you cant beat a warm room when its raining so much.  The forecast calls for good weather for the next four or five days and I hope that true!  Only three days to VA!   No pictures today, the camera was packed away all day.

No comments: