Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 28: Standing Bear

Day: 28 Miles: 3.6 Trip: 240.8 Started: Davenport Gap Destination: Standing Bear Hostel

Standing Bear hostel is one of the places I had heard so much about when I first started researching the trail.  I only did a short 4 mile day so I could stay here and resupply.  Its a great place with a very laid back attitude and a friendly staff.  Its not the Ritz, but the rates are fair and they have everything you need. It was worth the short stay.  Peaches the cat decided to make my bunk her bed for the night, I did not mind the extra heat.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Scott...this hostel looks great. the cat looks like Sylvester. where are you today. Happy to here you have some nice days now. When do u get to virginia. The ridge line in the smokies looks so pretty bye for now, Mom