Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 98: Delaware Water Gap

Day: 98 Miles: 15.6 Trip: 1289.3 Started: Leroy Smith Sh Destination: Delaware Water Gap, PA

Finally at the NJ border! (well tomorrow).   Looking at the terrain profile in the data book it would seem like the trail was real easy for this section.  That is not totally true.  The rocks have gotten worse but its not really what I was expecting.  I expected large bolder sections were you had to rock skip from boulder to boulder.  What the trail offers up is much harder I think.  Lots of small rocks that are not quite walkable.  It takes a great deal of mental effort to concentrate on each and every foot step.  The second you get complacent and try to zone out, your angle is twisted.  This type of terrain demands you keep your head down all day long looking for each foot step.  Despite the rocky trail, I was really exited to make it to the NJ/PA border today.  I put some music on and grinded away the miles.


I saw another bear!


No comments: