Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 97: The Beer Stein

Day: 97 Miles: 4.6 :( Trip: 1273.7 Started: Leroy A Smith Sh. Destination: Wind Gap, PA

I remember hearing over 500 miles ago about a bar in PA that will let you sleep out in the field behind the bar.  At the time it did not sound all the appealing, but today I realized after talking to Chin that we were actually going to go by it today.  We both decided that the novely of it was too much to pass up and headed into town.



Notice the orange extension cord :)

We ate lunch at the bar and set up our tents out back.  I spent the afternoon sitting on the patio drinking Slurpees from the quick mart across the street.  After they closed the patio for the night I was able to borrow an extension cord and run it into my tent.  I did not really need the power, but I just could not resist this singular opportunity to have a power outlet in my tent!

Kerry (owner) and me
The next morning Kerry the owner opened up the kitchen were were we had full access to the pantry and could cook anything we wanted.  I made French Toast, bacon and eggs.  I ate it so fast I forgot to get a picture!  This a great trail friendly place, definitely make it a stop of you go to town!

No comments: