Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 84

Day:84 Miles: 19.6 Trip: 1087.8 Started: Tumbling Run Shelter Destination: Birch Run Shelter

Not much to view today.  Its been raining on and off all day and I had to put my camera in my pack.  The terrain is pretty easy and the miles are going by fast despite the rain.  I left Phieffer and Lentil at the shelter this morning.  Lentil has a special hatred I think for wet boots and I later found out he decided to stay behind and zero at the shelter.  I was not in the mood to waste the day so I hiked on.  Phieffer did push on, but wanted to stop a little sooner than I.  We got pretty spread out, I hope to catch up with them both later in the week.  I got into the shelter spot to find a pretty full shelter.  There were a few section hikers that were motivated to build a fire in a brief break in the rain.  Chin found a novel way to reheat his pizza from the day before.

Not wanting to set up my tent in the rain, I found a spot half under a bed platform and settled in for the night.


No comments: