Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 100: Back on trail

Day: 100 Miles: 6 Trip: 1405.8 Started: Bear Mt. NY Destination: Graymoor Spiritual Life Center, NY

Good to be back on trail after a short break at home.  I have done all of NJ once and a big portion of it twice.  I decided to bump it and take the days off at home instead.  The break at home was a nice change, but it made a few things harder when I got back on.  On trail, you get into a rhythm with the amount of food you have been using and the average miles for the terrain you are in at the moment.  Going home also had an impact on my trail legs.  It took most of the day just to get back into my old stride.   Because of the hour I only did 6 miles into the Graymoor Spiritual Life Center, a nice place where they let you tent at their sports field. They have a shower and power outlets available also,  a real treat.  At the field I met up with Smiles.  I have not seen him since just past Damascus. 

No comments: