Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 104: Another state down, on to Conneticut

Day: 104 Miles: 15.1 Trip: 1459.6 Started: Wingdale NY Destination: 1459.6

Another milestone today, goodbye NY.  The trail has been getting steadily better as far as rocks go, but the elevation profile is starting to look more like a saw blade.  Lots up elevation gain are hidden in seemingly small rolling hills.  The uphills are steep and very frequent.  While not hard, the extra heat is keeping me soaked to the bone pretty much all day.  The high humidity is also a factor as nothing will dry!  My wet cloths from the previous day don't really feel like they have dried at all over night.  I need to do some laundry soon! I got another quick swim in today at the Ten Mile river.  Just a quick one to cool me off and wash some of the funk out of my cloths. I have not seen very many other thru-hikers in a few days, perhaps they are all in a secret air conditioned shelter I don't know about??  Crossing the CT/NY border felt good and another state is behind me.  CT is short and should go by fast as well.  One bad thing is that I have been told by hikers in front of me is that the bugs are actually worse in CT.  I bought some bug spray in Wingdale, I hope it works!

Bulls Bridge, near Kent CT





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there a restaurant right in front of that bridge. i think iv done gigs there before..it was called Bull run Inn been there since forever?
Carl

Scott Naef said...

yes there is. The trail is actually .2 miles from that spot. I came down there to get something cold to drink at the deli next to the inn.

Scott Naef said...

yes there is. The trail is actually .2 miles from that spot. I came down there to get something cold to drink at the deli next to the inn.