Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 108: Massachusetts!

Day108  Miles: 18.9 Trip: 1507.9 Started: Falls Village, CT  Destination: Race Brook Falls, MA

Another state down!  Finally in Massachusetts!  The progression through the northeast continues and its nice to put Connecticut behind me.  Connecticut was a nice transition from the rocks of New Jersey and New York to the larger mountains coming up.  Just across the border in Massachusetts are Bear Mt. and Mt. Everett.  They are the first taste of things to come.

The descent from Bear Mt. was very steep and with the extreme humidity the rocks were very slick.  I had hoped to get over Everett today also, but it took much longer to get down Bear Mt then I thought it would.  I headed for a camp site just before Everett and tried to sleep in the humid weather.   Even with the warm temperatures the humidity just does not let anything dry.  By the end of the day my cloths are soaked with sweat and with the dew points as high as they are I just cant get anything to dry.


 

No comments: