Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 109: The heat is wearing me down.

Day: 109  Miles: 10  Trip: 1517.9 Started: 1507.9  Destination: Great Barrington, MA

The heat is pretty bad today.  Its 98 on the little thermometer I have, and the weather channel website says the heat index is over 105.  I usually do pretty good in the heat, but today it is just wearing me down in a bad way.   
At the top of Mt. Everett
The climb this morning over Mt. Everett was easier than I would have thought, but the top was fogged in by early morning clouds.  On the way down the clouds broke, and the full force of the sun was out on an already hot day.   I was planning on going right by Great Barrington, but I think I will only do 10 miles and get out of the heat.   Crossing some fields this afternoon I was getting a little weak in the legs.  I have been drinking plenty and I don't think it is dehydration.  I will play it safe and beat the heat today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Anonymous said...

Hi hope it stays cool