Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 121

Day: 121  Miles: 19.8 Trip: 1667.6  Started: Manchester Center, VT Destination:  Little Rock Pond



Bromley Peak
Blue skies and temperatures of about 70 greated me this morning, a really good day for hiking.  Ater a steep but brief climb up from VT11 the trail evened out and was in pretty good condition.  This section of the trail has more pines on it and it seems to drain a little better than trail from the past few days.
Baker Peak
Early in the day I climbed up Bromely Mt.  The trail goes right past the ski lifts of Bromley Resort.  It would be fun to come back here in the winter and see this section under different circumstances.   The trail was pretty well graded until a brief rock scramble up Baker Peak.  Resting at the top of Baker Peak, I met a few day hikers that were from Freehold NJ, what a small world!   After a nice even graded stretch I ended up at Big Branch shelter.  It was still only about 5pm so I decided to do another 3.3 miles to get to the next good camping spot, Little Rock Pond.  A pretty good day.  I am getting exited to be closer to NH and my second to last state.

Little Rock Pond

 

No comments: