Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 116

Day: 116 Miles: 15 Trip: 1574.6 Started: XX Destination: Chesire MA

Not much to report on this stretch.  The trail has been relatively tame with nothing more than about 1000 feet in ups and downs.  The heat as been pretty consistently in the 90's and it somewhat of a struggle to do the miles I want.  I'm looking forward to getting back into higher mountains and better temperatures.  My mood has been a little melancholy as I contemplate how much more trail I have to complete.  Some of this might be due to the lack of any major milestones.  The lower section of New England so far has been a little of a grind with not much reward.  The quaint towns are the true highlight of this section.  St. Mary's church offers a section of there community room for hikers to use for the night, I am here with about six other 'thrus'.


No comments: