Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 112

Day: 112  Miles: 19.1  Trip: 1545.2 Started: 1526.1  Destination: Upper Goose Pond Cabin, MA

Upper Goose Pond
I ended up dong a zero in Great Barrington.  I was truly not feeling well.  I was having some issues with my digestive track, and indicators pointed to possible Giardia.  Giardia can cause poor nutrient absorption and could explain why I was feeling so weak.  After the second day in Great Barrington my symptoms seemed to be getting better and I was pretty confident that it was not Giardia, but probably a short lived bug I had picked up.   I did a short day out of town and played it safe.  Today I felt much better and did almost 20 again.

I stayed at the Upper Goose Pond Cabin.  Its a great place that is staffed in the summer months by volunteers from the AMC.  They have a bunk room upstairs.  Its a great place to stay, they take donations and the pancakes that I had in the morning were well worth a few dollars in donation. 

Upper Goose Pond Cabin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

played a gig here one week after you were thru. shame we couldnt hook up.
C