Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 69: Reunited with the group

Day: 69 Miles: 13 Trip: 878 Started: Calf Mountain Destination: Blackrock Hut

Started the day a bit late because everybody decided to sleep in.  It strange how shelters work like that sometimes.  If one person gets up early everybody starts to stir and generally gets up at the same time.  I had no reason to get started early so I was fine with sleeping in.  I did a lazy 14 miles to the next shelter.  It threatened to rain late in the day but I was lucky and it held off.
  Lentil and Pheiffer came in to the shelter at about 7.  It was really great to meet up with them again.  We spent the eventing exchanging stories from the past few weeks.  We all agreed to stick together for a while.  I got some bad news that Zen whom we hiked with for the first 300 miles or so was off the trail.  The general consensus was that he just got a bit burnt out.  I am sorry that he did not make it and hope to see him out for some section hiking later in the year.

No comments: