Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 62

Day: 62 Miles: 20 Trip: 650.1 Started: Pearisburg VA Destination: Pine Swamp Shelter

Well, I spent two zeros in Pearisburg.  Over the past two weeks my shoes have really started to break down.  My insoles are completely worn through and I have a few holes in the uppers.  Before Pearisburg I started to get a nasty deep blister right behind my right toes.  I decided to stay the extra days to let this heal up while I waited out the rain.  On the morning of the 8th it was still raining pretty steady but I could not wait any longer.  I set out in a steady rain with my foot feeling quite a bit better.  I have to get off trail on the 14th and I am trying to push my shoes until then.  Later in the day the rain finally broke and I was able to finish under somewhat dryer conditions.  No pictures today, just too rainy.


No comments: