Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 67: Getting off trail for a few days

Day: 67 Miles: 9.4 Trip: 723.5 Started: Lamberts Meadow Sh. Destination: Daleville VA.

I have to get off trail for a few days to go to Graduation back home.  Mary is coming down to pick me up tomorrow and I thought it would be easier to stop at Daleville right next to the interstate.  As it turns out my sister Michelle who lives in Virginia was able to come down and take me back to Winchester.  This will save about three hours of driving for Mary.  It was nice to spend the night and next day with family.  In order to end up in Daleville on the 13th I streched the last 25 miles out over two days and had a nice early finish yesterday.  I miss Mary and am looking forward to being home for a few days.  As much fun as the hike can be at times, it is mostly a lot of work.  It's strange, but going back home will almost be like a vacation from my...vacation.

When I get back on trail I might bump up to Waynsboro to stay on pace with friends on the trail.  If I do this I will come back after Maine and make up the week that I will miss down here.  This will break up the long stretch in Va. and I will most likely go this route.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you now? We have not heard for awhile. Hope no bear encounters.

Anonymous said...

Are u out of va yet. Send pictures. The weather should be nice now. Mom

Scott Naef said...

Hi there. I just left Shenandoah park in VA. Ill be in Harper's Ferry in about 4 days. Ill update all my posts as soon as I get to a computer.