Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 65

Day: 65 Miles: 6.7 Trip: 697.8 Started: Pickle Branch Sh. Destination: Four Pines Hostel


Well, the rain continues to come down.  McAfee Knob and Tinker cliffs are one of the highlights I was looking forward too and I really did not want to hit them on a rainy day.  I decided to do a real short day and stay at the Four Pines Hostel to wait out the rain.  The forecast promised good weather tomorrow and I thought it was worth the short day.   I am glad that I decided to stay at Four Pines, its one of the those placed on the trail that will remember most.  The hostel is run by Joe Mitchell and he is a welcoming and friendly as can be.  The hostel itself is in his three bay garage complete with tools, work benches and oil stains.   There are a large assortment of sofas and lounge furniture to sleep on.  At first this might seem a little sparse, but its all you really need.  When I first arrived his sons were even in the middle of the 'hostel / garage' changing the oil in their quads.  I really enjoyed my stay here and highly recommend it to anybody else passing through.  Later that night Joe drove a few of us (Not Yet, Sunshine, Catch22) down to the Homeplace Restaurant.  This is a great place.  Food is served family style and is all you can eat for just $15 ea.
 



No comments: