Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 18: Bad weather!

Day: 18 Miles: 17.0 Trip: 163.9  Started: Locust Cove Gap Destination: Fontana 28 Crossing

Weather is starting to get real bad.  It started to snow pretty hard at about two in the morning.  The forecast is calling for heavy snow and very low temperatures for the next two days.  I hiked my longest day so far so that I can get into a room at Fontana village.  Temperatures overnight got pretty cold and I was not able to keep my water bladder from freezing even while sleeping next to it.  I should have put it inside my sleeping bag for the night.  Hiked all day and did not find water until about mile 10.  Despite the cold and lack of water I fet good and was having a fun time.  Of course that might be because I knew I could get out of the cold at the end of the days hike.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Scott Looks real coldddd burrrr hope it has warmed up and you areout of the snow. Keep thepictures coming they aregreat you look very happy. nice friends you are meeting...skype me cashrum1 i am set up now love mom